Today this little girl of mine turns eleven.
And it is even weirder that this sprightly, kind, sweetie-pie daughter of mine has reached that number.
Eleven things I love about Claire:
1) She is full of spunk. She will throw out some dance moves like nobody's business at the drop of a hat.
2) Her smile can light up a whole room.
3) She is the best big sister/tutor to Lucy you can ever even imagine. I've posted pictures of her with Lucy and talked about it before, but no amount of recording can really do their uniquely sweet relationship justice. They love each other like no two kids I've seen and Dave and I are more grateful than we can ever say. It makes me tear up to think about how much that is going to help Lucy in life.
An example of their latest notes to each other:
4) She's a good friend. She's always trying to make sure everyone is included.
5) She makes the best faces...ever since she was tiny.
6) Being the 4th child, she's pretty low-key. She knows how to go with the flow.
7) She is quick to obey. I love that.
8) She is a great little gymnast. Love to watch her tumble and how it makes her whole face shine since she loves it so much.
9) She is adaptable. I loved watching how she adjusted so smoothly into Chinese life and culture. She worked so hard and learned more Chinese and made more friends than all the rest of us combined while we were there.
10) She eats healthy food without me force-feeding her :)
11) She adores babies. She reminds me of my 11-year-old self who couldn't get enough of snuggling them up.
Ok, one more to grow on...and one of my favorites:
12) She loves her Heavenly Father and gets a tear in her eye when she feels His love and direction in her life. When she feels that love she proclaims that she has a "hugging problem" and has to give us all multiple hugs.
A few more pictures I can't resist posting...they make me want to go back in time worse than ever before!