Twelve years ago today Dave and I checked into the hospital in the early morning and welcomed our third child into the world.
A second daughter who we named Grace Anne.And who thought her name was Grace “And” until she was five. (I love that.)
She entered the world calm and peaceful as could be.
Little could we know the spunk and sparkle that she would bring into our lives…first with continual colic:
And reflux:(Yes, I think I deserve to show that picture each and every year because I’m her mother, and I survived it. :)
From the get-go she had a little sass.
And boy are we grateful for it and the dynamics it brings to this family.
As I looked through old pictures I couldn’t help but post some of her growing up.
Nanny McPhee stage:
Twelve of the top reasons I adore her:
1) She is genuinely kind as can be.
2) She is a good friend. She is especially good on birthdays. She ALWAYS makes sure she does something great for her friends: heart-attacks, candy-bar posters, a couple weeks ago she even threw a little surprise party for one friend.
3) She is a great cook. She always seems to gravitate to help me in the kitchen. Flat bread (back here) is her specialty, (she makes it for dinner every Sunday) but she’s pretty good at everything she tries.
4) She’s a passionate dancer. I love to watch her move her body and feel the emotion.
5) She looks out for her siblings. And has those little sisters of hers under her wing.
6) I covet her hair (ok not really), but boy howdy I sure do love it.
7) Her eyes sparkle. And they make me smile.
8) She knows how to get what she wants. It’s enough to drive me crazy sometimes but it’s going to get her places in life!
9) She does her own laundry. And I don’t like laundry-at all- so that makes me happy.
10) She is a gatherer. She’s not afraid to invite everyone over and always has all kinds of ideas of how to entertain up her sleeve.
11) She’s the best party planner I know.
12) She knows she’s a child of God. And she lets that show in her actions and how she cares for those around her.
Love you with all my heart Grace Jam! Hope today is the very best!