I'm pushing Friday Q & A to tomorrow because today my little girl turns into a teenager.
Yeah, this one.
Dave and I were sitting looking at these pictures wondering how in the world it came to be that we have a daughter this old and mature and kind and good.
We love her.
(...and her braces and those multiple elastics holding her jaw together.)
Sorry but we had fun taking pictures...
Gotta capture her in that bedroom of hers we've been working on re-doing little by little for what seems like forever-and-a-day.
13 things I love about Elle:
1) She is kind. She can always see those in need of a little extra love and she gives it.
2) She does the dishes. And when she does, she remembers to scrub out the sink and wipe down the counter too. This is indicative of other things she does...she does them (most of the time without being asked) and does them well.
3) I am living out my dream through her playing tennis. It's fun to watch her.
4) She has a great sense of humor. She can whip the sarcasm right back at Dave in rapid-fire.
5) She is competitive as can be. This makes her competitive Dad very happy since the rest of us are pretty lacking in the competitive category. That's a lot of use of the word "competitive."
6) She is quite athletic. She will work hard and get good at any sport she really sets her mind on.
7) Her little sisters adore her. I don't know that they could have a better example in a big sister.
8) Her big brother adores her. I quite honestly don't know if there are many people he'd rather hang out with.
9) Her writing is beautiful. She is so descriptive and thoughtful in the stories she writes.
10) She gets straight A's. And she works hard to get them.
11) She shares my passion for photography. I love taking pictures together.
12) We get to be in Young Women together at church. She's like my little counselor helping me send texts and even helping me remember who needs help or what needs to be done. I love it.
13) She knows who she is: a daughter of God. And that fact shines from the inside out.
Love you so much Elle Belle.