Thursday, June 10, 2010

room changes & a sewing project

When Lucy moved into her "big-girl bed" she and Grace switched places.

It's taken us a while to transform this:...into this:
(This is before the paint color change this week...and taking the plastic off the lamps, etc....more on that later...)

Why did it take forever you ask? Well, first of all, because I'm slow. And I'm indecisive. And because Grace and I decided to make her duvet cover. Yes, we really did. And after three different mistakes on the fabric we wanted, we got to work (and now we have some spare fabric sitting around for making aprons this summer).

I love sewing projects. I love to create things...especially when it's with my girls. Maybe the reason I love it so much is because we don't get to do it all that often, so it makes those rare occasions extra meaningful.
And the fact that something actually turns out makes it pretty exciting too.

I was pretty proud of us that we did cording and everything! (Thanks, Angela, for explaining how the heck to do that.)
...and somehow we got the flowers to semi-match up along the seams. Let me tell you, that's no small feat for our little sewing duo!
But there we have it: A new bed for Grace.
And we're pretty happy about it.
Related Posts with Thumbnails