Friday, December 19, 2008


I just had to record today...not because I'm whining about it, but because I have to write this stuff down so when I'm old won't think I'm nuts that I thought life was so crazy right now.

3:30 a.m. Lucy starts crying. I roll over and hope she goes back to sleep.

3:32 a.m. she doesn't

3:33 a.m. I get up to go see what the problem is. I feel like I just got hit by a mack truck since I slept for a little less than 3 1/2 hours the night before...for real.

3:35 a.m. stand by her bedroom door and she stops (thank you thank you thank you)

6:45 a.m. practice piano with Max and Elle

7:30 a.m. scriptures...cut short because we have to go to the blood lab (again) this morning

7: 32 a.m. cram cereal down everyone's throats and pack them up with their gifts for their teachers, kiss Max & Grace goodbye as they head out with their friends to school

(Keep in mind Dave is stuff)

7:47 a.m. head over to the lab with Elle, Claire and Lucy

7:52 a.m. Max calls to tell me I've got his longboard in the car he's been SO looking forward to riding to school today

7:56 a.m. drop off Elle to take Claire and sign her in (by now I feel totally comfy doing this...these girls at the lab and I are totally tight)...head back to bring Max his beloved longboard

8:13 a.m. back at the lab...keep in mind this is my fifth time driving to the lab in the last three days. Coax Claire through two pricks to get her blood...luckily Lucy doesn't register that this place is the same spot she had to give her own blood a few days wasn't pretty

8:45 a.m. hustle everyone out to get to the elementary school to do Art Masterpiece in Elle's class

9:15 a.m. make the rounds with Lucy and Claire to Max & Grace's classes to give them a little Christmas visit.

9:50 a.m. head home to grab some stuff to take on a few errands...the nurse calls from the lab and tells me to come back because she forgot she needed a blood draw from me too.

10:15 a.m. give blood...head home again to get Lucy and Claire's antibiotics I forgot to give them that morning

10: 52 a.m. make a couple Christmas deliveries and finally head to Target.

11:05 a.m. run out of gas

11:10 a.m. my friend comes to save us...take us to the gas station, and home again (thank you Claudia!)

11:45 a.m. go to Target

12:30 p.m. smell a very stinky Lucy while walking around the store...make a note to go buy diapers before I leave

12:37 p.m. in check out line...realize Lu is still diapers, but I think there are some in the car.

12:40 p.m. walk out in the parking lot...Claire tells me Lucy's diaper is leaking. Sure enough it's creeping up her back and dripping down through the cart. Nasty.

12:41 p.m. look in the car for diapers and wipes...non existent

12:43 p.m. wrap Lu in the paper towels I swiped on the way out the door "just in case" and drive home

1:03 p.m. home...start to change diaper but realize this is a mandatory "bathtub change"

throw the diaper in the diaper pail to turn around and find Lu had flashed over to the couch and snuggled up in all the cushions completely naked (totally not clean yet)

1:04 p.m. freak out...just a little

On to bathe the chubster, scrub the couch, do all laundry associated with her including her drenched sheets and blankie from this morning...

In other news:

Lucy is recovering from what the nurse diagnosed as pneumonia. She's been pretty sick.

Claire has another UTI.

Our fridge is full of antibiotics.

I have a cyst growing in my eye.

I'm still sore from holding Lucy during her latest blood draw. Poor baby.

My computer has crashed approximately 374 times (at least that's what it seems like), and I'm about to go nuts because it's my lifeline for cards, photo gifts I'm doing, e-mails, every day pics., etc. I thought Macs weren't supposed to do that.

The good stuff:

Most of our Christmas cards are out. Oh wait, did I already mention that??

Dave, despite being under a bunch of pressure with work stuff, is a star and has been helping out SO much with Christmas stuff. Especially after I broke down a few times with all my multi-tasking.

Only two more doctor appointments. in 2008.

Elle got to go to a Cheetah Girls concert tonight. I don't really know much about them, but hey she sure had a great time.

Max lost both the teeth he needed to for his braces he pretty much wiggled out himself without it even starting as a loose tooth.

My Mom, Dad, brother and his wife are coming for Christmas and arrive tomorrow just in time for a tennis tournament and piano recital.

We can't wait.

Ok, on to the serious celebrating. And being grateful. And all that holly jolly stuff.
Related Posts with Thumbnails