Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I just have to share ten things I love about my newest ten-year-old.
1. She chose to go to Paradise Bakery for lunch today instead of Wendy's. Thank you thank you thank you Elle!
2. She has a heart of gold. She cares so much about how others feel and she treats people so kindly. Her teacher told me a couple years ago how thankful she was for Elle because there was a little girl in her class who really needed a friend. Elle just took her under her wing and included her in everything. Elle's just like that with everyone around her.
3. Elle's a girl after my own heart. We could eat nothing but chocolate chip cookies and baked potatoes smothered with sour cream and walk around with cameras attached around our necks for the rest of our lives and have no problem with it.
4. She's smart. She works so hard in school and is such a conscientious student.
5. She's the only one of my kids who can do her own hair. Oh man I love that.
6. She is a great chef. After taking her cooking class last year she has taken off in the kitchen. She can whip up the greatest salads and apricot chicken.
7. Elle's as sweet and beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.
8. She's determined. When she sets her mind to something she does it.
9. Elle's the opposite of high maintenance. She is so good to just go with the flow.
10. She is the best oldest daughter I could ever ask for. She's so responsible and nurturing with all her little sisters (and with Max too). She's a great example to them of being helpful around the house, and man oh man what a help that is to me!
Love you Elle Belle! I must have done something right to get to be your mom!