If he ever questions how much I adore him I'll just show him this picture:Yep, that was me at work. And I'll tell you right here and now that it wasn't easy! Max's b-day tradition is to do something with water, whether it's a slip-n-slide, swimming, or whatever. This year he wanted to have a water balloon war. The good-lookin' master of ceremonies:There was a lot of swimming going on too. The boys came up with some great games.I love these boys. They are all such great friends to Max and just good kids in general.You may be surprised but this is one of my favorite pictures from the day. I love it because this is what Max does when he gets presents from someone. It's not a little half hug. It's a full-on bear hug almost-knock-you-to-the-ground hug. And Grace deserved it this year. She bought him her present with all her own money. Of course, knowing Grace you can guess what it was...candy and treats. But still, she was pretty proud to give it to him!
I love this boy with all my heart. (The following photos compliments of Elle Photos.)Eleven reasons why:
- He's so mellow and puts up with all the girls surrounding him.
- He has the greatest eyes...and I love seeing them now that he has contacts.
- He is smart. If he puts his mind to it he can figure out anything he wants.
- He's shy but can speak up if he needs to. His confidence has grown so much this year.
- He's willing to try anything. One of my favorite memories with him is standing there in the water with him at Bear Lake helping him get up on one ski. I loved how he looked at me so determined and said, "I'm going to do this." And he did.
- He looks just like his Dad. What look could be better than that?
- He's a great chef...from crepes to pancakes to cookies he makes some delicious stuff.
- He's a great example to his siblings. Such a solid big brother. And they completely adore him. He's starting to babysit them sometimes and he's awesome at it.
- He still brightens up whenever I visit his classroom or spend time with he and his friends.
- He quietly chooses the right when it's in question. He knows what to do and he does it, despite any peer pressure.
- He has so much gratitude for everything. I've never heard a kid be as thankful as he is for things.